Thursday, August 4, 2011

'The Change-Up': Five Movie Characters Worth Swapping Bodies With

"The Change-Up" opens tomorrow in theaters nationwide, offering the moviegoing public a body-swap comedy in case they're not interested in rising for "Apes." Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds star as two pals one a lawyer and family man, the other a man-childish cad who pine for the other's daily existence, only to find their wishes granted with disastrous results. Honestly, there aren't a lot of people in my life that I'd want to swap lives with. I already blog about movies for a living, so hey, things aren't so bad. But that doesn't mean there aren't people in the fictional movie space that I wouldn't trade places with for a day. There are a lot of those people. Check out the top five movie characters I'd body-swap with after the jump! Marty McFly from "Back to the Future" If I only have one day to live in Marty McFly's shoes, I think I'd be okay in terms of avoiding erasing myself from the space-time continuum. With the DeLorean at my disposal, I'd grab myself an almanac, dial it back some years and gift Bar-Mitzvah boy me with a lottery ticket that never fails, or maybe go visit my cowboy relatives. That's assuming I have cowboy relatives, I guess. I'm pretty sure I don't. Nick Marshall from "What Women Want" Though I'm currently in a happy relationship of over five years, there are times that I have absolutely zero frickin' clue about what my significant other wants. How do I fix that? Swap bodies with Mel Gibson's character from "What Women Want," of course! There's a lot I could learn from Nick Marshall in a day, storing that knowledge up and putting it to good use whenever I get in trouble with the missus which, in case she's reading this, isn't often. Seriously. (Don't hurt me.) Casey Jones from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Why not one of the Turtles, you ask? Here's why: because Casey gets to hang out with a bunch of ninja turtles (teenage mutant ones no less) and their man-sized rat mentor all day long, and nobody bats an eye at the guy running around in a hockey mask kicking criminal booty. He eats pizza for free, has a roof over his head (some feet below the real world, mind you), and since he's the one dude in a sea of mutated man-animals, Casey is the default choice for April O'Neil if she wants a human love interest, which she does. Not a bad set up at all! Hurley from "Lost" Sure, he's a television character. Big deal I'm the sheriff 'round these parts, so I'm making the call and swapping spots with Hugo Reyes. The big dude's got some bad luck, sure, but he's also the owner of a fantastic mystical island in the middle of nowhere and he's got millions of dollars at his disposal. With that kind of power, every single "Lost" question I ever needed answered would come my way, Darlton be damned! Ferris Bueller from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off And you know which day I'd choose. Best. Day. Off. Ever. Which movie characters would you body-swap with given the chance? Let us know in the comments section and on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment